If you are planning to visit UK, they have hundreds of special events and festivals all throughout the year. From huge opera to celebrations of various ancient traditions, rock and theatre festivals, something is always happening in the UK every day of the entire year. This article focuses on the Easter and Food and Drinks Festivals. Here are some of the UK entertainment events for 2014.
Easter in the UK
If you happen to visit the UK during Easter, they have a variety of activities for the weekend such as Easter egg rolls, family fun, Easter family events and Easter egg hunting. The major events are the following:
- Easter Weekend Roundup. This is the round-up of festivals and events during the holiday weekend.
- Easter egg hunting and events for children. They list down the group that will join the egg hunting or event for the kids.
- You can visit blood bars or egg dancing. If you like to be more adventurous, leave the egg hunting with one of your family members and try the quirky Easter events like visiting blood bars around the UK.
- If you want a contemporary and traditional Celtic folk music during Easter, visit Gosport and Fareham. They are tiny towns overlooking the historic Portsmouth Harbor.
- Also, you can join the Easter jousting tournament in Leeds.
- To try the most popular activity during Easter, join their Easter egg hunting and egg rolls all over the UK.
Food and Drinks Events
- Autumn Food Festivals. If your main reason for travelling is to try different cuisines, the Autumn Food Festivals is for you to try. Whether you are a food adventurer, just plain hungry or a gourmet foodie, you will love their offering for this year.
- Somerset Spring Festival. This food and drink event showcases Somerset’s production of cider, vegetables, cheeses, meats, breads, pies and baked goods including cooking demonstrations and workshops.
- Taste of Edinburgh. This is a different food and drink festival because fifteen of the top chefs of Scotland create their signature dishes and offer sampler portions to visitors.
- Maltings Beer Festival. This event will allow visitors to taste 140 various West Country Ales in their traditional Victorian Malthouse located in Newton Abbot’s Tucker Maltings.
- East Anglian Beer Festival. This festival showcases over 60 real ales from exclusive local breweries in the area.
- Whisky Festival at Spirit of Speyside. You will be able to try the Whisky Festival right in the heart of the distilling country.
UK offers numerous entertainment events and the list above just showcases the activities featured during Easter and Food and Drinks Events.